Tuesday, November 22, 2005

First lesson...- 26 July

Yawn..somehow somewhat i feel shagged out now..my 2nd day of school...First day is really juz welcome here welcome there and listen to speeches..got alot of junk haha..ok la not really..got pretty nice gifts but no place to put in my hse le..why dun they give out food more practical..Oh ya speaking ab food..the buffets are not bad at all..they sure put in tons of money to feed such a big crowd..the tea reception is exceptionally nice with all nice little snacks to eat..yum yum...So today i went for my first lesson which is 'magic of voice in the world of a singer'..sounds impressive huh..the teacher is quite pretty..my classmates are mainly yr 3s n yr 2s..making me the xiao mei mei again...we formed groups with names like accenlendo, bel canto, cresendo, denuendo(sth like tat) n finally my group espressivo( sounds like espresso to me hehe)..we learnt basic stuff like pitch, timbre etc..we muz sing out to the note tat the teacher played on the organ..sounds more like a choir session haha..i'm really glad tat my group not v strong in music( only one knows how to play trombone) so i'm not the only gal who dunno how to read the dou gai...We got on to try out rhythms n test our vocal range to see whether we belong to the alto, bass, soprano etc...pretty interesting haha..like my primary days in choir..but my voice gotten weak due to the lack of practice..The lessons got vocal clinic (like projects) where we muz sing solo,duet,trio or quartet in order to apply wad we hav learnt in lesson..soon to come are breathing exercises, posture correction..haha abit like training for singapore idol hor...the lessons are 3hr-long but all of us din sleep..esp me who went in w sleepy eyes haha..it's too hands-on n interesting..juz abit embarrassing to sing out to the class individually..think i may carry on this module but i shall observe during nxt wk's lesson..
Wad an interesting lesson to start with..haha...

No comments: