Tuesday, November 22, 2005

FASS Open House- 21 May

Gee was wanting to see what nus has to offer or attract me to their course b4 i make my final decision..
well..since i dunno much ab studying the lang( tho i am v interested n intend to do chinese lang major if i go nus), today's talk was sth tat really gives me an idea of wad it is really ab...studyin the lang itself is not juz the structure n grammar..it oso serves as a background for us to understand the cultural situation back then..the lecturer was even hired by the ministry of defence to decode the lang for defence strategy..this is all too intriguing n so unexpected..guess this greatly attracts me..
Been analysing the pros n cons of each university for so long..look at so many factors..still v hard to make a decision..some say NTU is fast catching up w the standards of NUS yet some( my teacher he lao) says NUS degree is more prestigious n the standards of teachers are better..since the course at NTU is brand-new i definitely hav my concerns..sigh juz wondering whether he lao is updated w the course at NTU b4 he make such comments..
juz wish NUS minors arent so crappy..wad Southeast Asia studies, Religious studies..this is so ARTS...at least i can choose NUS without a care..since it is so close to my hse n near engine fac too..sigh...
today i went for the chinese hanyu qiao test too..haha juz for interest purpose n it's free too..registered on the spot n juz did tat 2-hr test in half the time..long time nv write such compo le..i think i juz wrote crap..some words cant even rem how to write jialat..tested on some China history which i used to study for my comp last time..haha..think i forget most stuff haha..well at least if i din make it, i still got quite a nice mug as a consolation prize hehe..
So now i give myself juz one more wk to think thru b4 i make my decison..i wan to hav an enriching life in uni in terms of academic n CCA..i juz cant sit still :)

No comments: