Monday, January 30, 2006

Steamboat Phobia~~

I hope friends out there are enjoying their CNY feast cos by the 2nd day today i am totally sick of steamboat..not because the ingredients are not sumptious enough or the soup base not sweet...but 2days' worth of steamboat (excluding the hse warming steamboat dinner at my cousin's place not too long ago) for lunch n dinner..eating the same usual ingredients is so sickening!!! even i can get sick of the abalone..taste all the same...starting to taste like rubber to me now haiz...lucky my cousin cooked some oyster sauce prawns w garlic ( or called har lok in canto)yest or i wun even touch my fav prawns..he cooked black pepper prawns after tat but i was lazy to dirty my hands again haha..cos ppl kept asking me to peel for them 0.0'''

Due to the same food i eat everyday..i starting to like eating instant noodles which i cooked at home..anything besides steamboat tastes nice to me..i was cooking mushroom soup this afternoon for a change of taste and my cousin oso had the same feeling as me..so usually i will finish one whole pot of soup but today got 2 cousins sharing w me..actually all the cny goodies were all the same..i hardly touch any choco or pineapple tarts now..

As some close friends may know, my relatives (maternal side) lives v close together..in fact 4 families live in the same block (my 2 aunts, 1 cousin and myself)..my another cousin live 1 block away within walking dist..so today was juz hse visiting for one place to another..4 places within 3hrs' time..quite amazing for some ppl who got relatives scattered all over the island..but one thing is our place are quite small so usually we muz take turns to eat n we are used to sitting on the floor cos not enough sofas haha..well i personally dun mind cos floor is so much cooler than sitting on the sofa...

This yr got an interesting trend..after we ate our steamboat dinner on cny eve..my cousins, my aunt n mum( mostly gals) were all sitting on the floor chatting away..then the nxt thing i knew..all were painting their nails haha..one niece was one ai mei po but she was quite skilled at painting nails ( for she secretly stole my mum's n painted her toes when my mum busy doing hsework haha)so she was like doing business n started helping us to paint..my toes were done by her..actually i hate painting nails but aiya once a yr lo..looks abit unnatural for me tho...

Tmr is going to be one last day to hav fun before i start engaging in 2 wks of busyness managing work n doing part-time...jiayou jiayou..Money 万岁!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yo ma!!!! happy cny!!! hows my hongbao???heee....trying to save on one hongbao ar? ;)-hf

xianz said...

no no..no ang bao..saving up for ur bdae prez..anything in mind?? but think u too busy to collect prez from me wor...